Today I did something that I didn’t want to do. I permanently switched my address to a house in Oregon. I have personal reasons that I need to stay in town, and I’m not going to talk about that here. What I am going to talk about is my plan to relocate permanently outside of the United States in the next 24 months.
I’m sharing my progress on becoming an expat for a few reasons:
- It’ll help keep my mind off of the negative aspects of the situation and focus on the positive.
- I need a place to collect resources that I find so that I can reference them later.
- Others might be looking for these resources too. There are lots of resources out there, but some are downright scammy. I’ll just share what works, or doesn’t work for me, and hopefully, someone else will find it useful.
- It’ll force me to remain strict and accountable when it comes to my savings goals.
- I need to decide where I’m going to live, what kind of work I’ll be doing, etc. This will help me make those tough decisions.
If you want to hear more about it, fast forward to the end of this week’s BlogCast.